10.2.11

Song Of Soloman 8:6

Set me as a seal upon your heart, as a seal upon your arm, for love is strong as death, jealousy is fierce as the grave. Its flashes are flashes of fire, the very flame of the LORD.

Every day it seems that I fail at letting Christ be the center of my heart, the seal upon my arm. And at the end of every day, when I am reminded of my true intentions, I think: how is it that people struggle to love me, when if they could actually see my heart- they would never stop running. 
But you see all of those things, and you are the most constant of friends, fathers and protectors. You even want me to take part in your plans. You could see Mary Magdalene's heart better than anyone else, and you still chose to love her and accept her when no one else would even touch her. You see the condition of my heart, the vile selfishness, the pride, and you still command that I place you as a seal over it.
I really and truly know nothing of love.


2 comments: