27.11.10

Thanksgiving In London

  An ironic place to spend the holiday, but last time I was in this city I was celebrating the fourth of July. So I guess I just had to keep the trend going. I'm running out of holidays though.

  This was the first Thanksgiving I've spent away from family, and I truly felt it. I heard a lady in the tube performing an operatic aria (one that my mom used to always play when i was little) and I just started crying. Right there. Surrounded by a million people, underground, and swarming like ants. I love this city, and I love Belfast, but holidays were made for family. 

   Today, Susan and I are doing homework in the gargantuan British Library. Could this new scarf aid with my lack of concentration? I wish life could work like that. All I want to do is keep walking all over this city that feels like home. 

3 comments:

  1. Katie, i have been meaning to tell you that you are beautiful! I thought about it all that day we were in the British Library but kept forgetting to tell you. You look so very pretty in this picture, but in person you're even more captivating :)

    love you dear friend!

    ReplyDelete