10.10.10

Thoughts Clank like Pennies and Keys

Today
I took a walk.
At some point in that walk, I decided to climb a tree.
They say man is descended from monkeys. 
I think I missed out on the monkey gene and got a fish ancestor.
A ripped pair of tights and a bruised knee later, I gave up on the climbing a tree absurdity.
Susan is right. In the book of life, I would make a killer damsel in distress.
Nothing like a bruised knee to keep me humble.
So I sat at the base of that darn tree and watched the light fade. 
It is a rare and wonderful thing to find a peaceful place when you live in a manor with 22 other students.
But today my thoughts clanked like a box of pennies and keys- so loud the trees could probably hear.
I bet they are back there gossiping about me right now.
So much has happened since I came here.
Yesterday
It would have been the one year anniversary of me and a boy.
But instead, I spent the day wandering from bookshop to bookshop in search of distraction.
The dress for that very important date hangs sadly in my closet.
Tomorrow
I will watch the sun rise.
And after class, I will go looking for a pool.
I need to swim. 
A solid hour of laps, and my problems will have dissolved.
Good night all.

2 comments:

  1. Katie,
    In college I had 2 quiet get away spots (from a dorm full of people). One was a small Catholic church with old wooden pews and one was a small pond with ducks. God has a plan and is working in your life. We're proud of you because you remain true to who you are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you, Katherine Williams.

    ReplyDelete