26.10.10

Thought Trains and Food Chains

Do you ever catch yourself within a train of thought and wonder how you got there?

In art class today we watched a film about an artist called Harry Clarke [more on him later. maybe.]
Clarke suffered from tuberculosis and it eventually took him at the ripe age of 41. 
I found myself profoundly encouraged to see the great work that he made despite his chronic illness. 
Why? I asked myself.
Because a few months ago a guy I respected looked me in the eye and said 
"You know you really have a lot of health problems."
And I believed that. 
And not only did I believe it, but every time I came down with a cold or a slight headache I built upon this theory that I am an invalid and somehow less of a person.
So today, as I was riding full speed ahead on my "lowest of the foodchain" train I suddenly realized that I didn't want to take this line. 
And in that moment I heard God speak to me, clear as day; 
"I made you just the way you are. I love you just the way you are."
And just like that, the train crashed.

When I made this blog I promised myself that I wouldn't put too much personal life out on the internet for everyone to know. I tend to be a private person. 
But maybe vulnerability is what keeps us close. Shoot, a little honesty keeps this thing real.
And now
It is midnight in Belfast.
I have a library to make an appearance in tomorrow.
Goodnight.


2 comments:

  1. If we aren't in a vulnerable and honest place, we limit ourselves from the true potential we have. There's not much you can learn without being vulnerable to failing at it.

    Also, I dislike people who avoid being quiet about their personal lives. It's hard enough to learn from each other when we're open.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen.
    You're a unique and very talented individual. Go with it. Love you

    ReplyDelete