9.3.11

Hindsight

    “Kate, there are three different kinds of attractive girls. There are hot girls. There are cute girls. And there are just beautiful girls. You are a beautiful girl.”

Three years ago, when this was said to me, I actually took offense. Back then, I thought that when someone called me beautiful it was because I was too fat to be called hot or sexy. Beautiful was the cop-out word people used when they were thinking something else, when they were skating over the reality.
Back then, I didn't know anything about value. Or truth. 
It’s amazing how much we can change in three years. I am so thankful. 

2 comments:

  1. I'm a hottie. No inner-beauty with me, just straight up sluttiness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beauty is a three-dimensional word. Or maybe even four. Its much shallower counterparts are no more than mass-produced ink markings on a dictionary page.

    ReplyDelete